Thursday 18 November 2010

Evaluation of the music industry


I have looked and researched the topic of music industry so that i could understand my target market and how i can make my production of my music magazine better. I specifically looked at urban magazines such as VIBE and XXL.In my research of Vibe magazine i found that the main target market was mainly black american people and was also sold to a minority black british community. However i found that Vibe magazine had to be closed down. The closure of Vibe left only two large-circulation music magazines, XXL and The Source, focusing on hip-hop and R&B. The Source had its own troubles, going through a bankruptcy and emerging under new ownership recently. The top 10 advertisers of the magazine decided that they no longer wanted to advertise and the magazine went out of business creating themselves debt for a very small company.818,OO copies of Vibe magazine was sold in the second half of last year (2010) Which is a healthy figure, which means it was a popular magazine. 
The statistics that i have found on the internet have helped me decide what i could include in my magazine. I have found what made the magazine work and what i failed the publication, I will take these factors into account when creating my publication. I realised advertising created most of the income for the magazine so when they lost big advertisers it effected their profit

No comments:

Post a Comment